CONTEST RULES & PRIZES
Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) to Montclair Creative's photo contest. These are General Rules governing all contests hosted by Montclair Creative, unless so specified in the Specific Rules that may be applicable to individual contests. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge and unconditionally agree to abide by the following Rules:
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- The contests are open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on montclaircreative.com
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Any Photo(s) submitted must be 300 dpi with a maximum of 5,000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images should be no larger than 10MB. Photo(s) must be in JPEG format.
- You may submit up to 3 entries per contest, unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest specific rules. However, you will be able to upload only one image at a time using the website's upload function.
- You are required to provide a title and/or description of how the Photo(s) relate to Montclair, NJ.
- The same Photo(s) can be submitted for more than one contest. Photo(s) that have won previous awards, including Montclair Creative’s prior contests, may be submitted again, unless otherwise mentioned in the contest specific rules.
- There must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on any Photo(s) submitted.
- Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Montclair Creative reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted Photo(s) at our discretion.
- Photo(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- A participant who submits any such Photo(s) may be permanently banned, subject to Montclair Creative’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
- Montclair Creative will appoint a judge/judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and/or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photo(s). The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
- The decision of Montclair Creative’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- Montclair Creative reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image may be disregarded if this request cannot be fulfilled.
- Contest participants will have their Photo(s) featured in a premium quality, full-color photo book to be displayed at the MC Hotel.
- Printed photo books will also be available for purchase on montclaircenter.com.
- Winning contestants will receive printed credit for featured Photo(s) in each printed photo book.
- Announcements will be posted once all images have undergone the moderation and judging processes.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted Photo(s) must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Montclair Creative respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Montclair Creative, Insomnia Graphix LLC, and Montclair Center BID, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known.
- Montclair Creative and Insomnia Graphix LLC shall be considered as a singular entity for the purpose of this document and any contest, event or website associated with or under the domain of Montclair Creative.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge Montclair Creative and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against Montclair Creative in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of Montclair Creative, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Montclair Creative from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will Montclair Creative be liable for any:
a) lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
b) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
c) problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
d) incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photo(s) and/or the Submissions; and/or
e) injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Montclair Creative, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Montclair Creative reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photo(s) submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. Montclair Creative reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
- The Contest, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with United States laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States courts.